Tuesday 25 September 2012

Mantra Restaurant


My tummy was really hungry but my friends and I are still loitering around Sunway Pyramid to find a decent shop to please our stomach. Then, we came across this restaurant and it really caught our attention. Najiha also recommend this restaurant as she came here before. The name of this restaurant is "Mantra”,  I think it is a really interesting name.

When we reached the restaurant, it was about 2pm and lunch time is over. Only few tables are occupied and the customers seemed to be relaxing and chit chatting while enjoying their meals. The waiters are really polite and they greeted us warmly once we reached their door step. Veena, Najiha, Anis, shawn and I were lead to a quiet area and served with menus. The menus gave me a real headache as all of the food looked really delicious and the prices are quite reasonable. After discussing, we decided to order different foods so we will have different varieties, since all the food really looked finger-licking good.


After browsing through the menu for a few minutes, I finally made up my mind and ordered pineapple fried rice. Pineapple rice has always been my top favorite food and I would really want to give a try for this classy looking restaurant. I was worried that the appearance of this restaurant and the pictures on the menu would deceive customers to think that they serve tasty food too. After waiting for not more than 10 minutes, my food is ready and served before me. As I was really hungry at that moment, I really appreciated their efficient service.

I was really delighted by their decoration as restaurant nowadays doesn’t serve pineapple fried rice with pineapple due to the lack of pineapple shell. I would give a five out five for the creativity of this dish. Besides the outstanding look, the taste was even better. The nut, chicken, pineapple and other vegetables gave this dish a mix of different flavours. Sweet, sour and a little of bitter, that’s all I can describe with my poor English. Only by tasting it yourself, you can experience the different excitement in your taste buds. I even tried my friend’s “nasi briyani” and it tasted good as well. However, I still prefer mine over hers.
This restaurant gave me a relaxed feeling with their decorations plus it was quite empty at that moment.


I was happy that I chose this restaurant over other restaurants in Sunway Pyramid. Thankfully this restaurant was quiet and peaceful because I was quite exhausted after attending three classes back to back. I can enjoy my lunch without squeezing with other customers and tolerating unpleasant noises. The chair was rather comfortable too that we felt reluctant to leave after finishing our meals. Overall, this was a really great experience having a meal with my friends at Mantra restaurant. I would definitely come back again to try their other dishes as well.



                                                              -LOOI JUIN YI-

No comments:

Post a Comment